As an administrator (although primarily on the "Information Technology" side of things), when we post we put our names out there for everyone to see. That is seldom seen elsewhere throughout the realm of SCSoccer.com forums. That being said, anonymity is waived. I would hope that people viewing this see and understand this, and hold a bit of respect for these folks. We put our opinion out there, and unwarranted personal criticism can often follow.

One more thing to add, though, which Kyle did not allude to in the earlier post: the year AHS did topple BCHS in The Cage, against the eventual AAA state runner-up Bearcats, Kyle (as always, win or lose) reported the result to The State newspaper. In the agate section that day, Kyle posted a congratulatory remark that it was Airport's first win in almost 15 years, and it was just that: congratulations. How many programs do that? Many programs throughout the state in ANY sport do things like 'turn of scoreboards', 'turn off field lights', or fail to post disappointing results or report them to the media -- especially against heated rivals? Think about it. Remember some USC vs. Clemson football road games?

The Eagles have fielded one of their better sqauds in recent memory, and Coach Masone has shown a commitment to improve the Eagles program in the proper manner. And the opportunity in front of them to finish on a great note is huge. Best of luck to them in their remaining fixtures.

Kyle's comments then (2002), now (above), and in the future are simply historical fact. I also believe that club soccer has its place, as well as HS soccer. I, too, am proud to be involved (although not as much since my children were born) in both HS and Club soccer. It would be my suggestion to work away from the tension sensed in this thread. But that is why this opportunity, SCSoccer.com, is out there: to give the fans a chance to discuss their feelings -- a FORUM. I'm just thankful to be a part of it, and that we have it at all.

Keep up the good work, folks, and never lose sight that this is for the kids.