It's amazing how different one can view this sport. Also interesting is how similar your analysis is to the ESPN folks hoping and praying for a Man U/Chelsea match-up. Hmmm, the pro-Anglo influence in America is a neat dynamic.

Now, be careful what you say because I never said Chelsea's plan was bad or almost didn't work (although it was disappointing). I said I felt Barca was better. This was due to more a lot more possession; constantly trying to attack against 9-10 highly trained, and paid, men packed in the Barca final third for 180 minutes. Oh yeah, and Barca continued this pressure for a large period of time shorthanded after a phantom red card. (The referee made errors both ways).

Isn't having the ball and possession, and trying to attack, the point of soccer? A great team can't help if the other team chooses not to, or can't, and is inferior. You even said Barca "has had possession over almost every single team they play in all competitions." That's making my next point that, not only is Barca better the Chelsea, but is arguably the best club in the world at the moment. (Most Americans will only realize that if they beat the beloved and adopted Man U).

Again, too many folks only look at tactics, tactics, tactics and forget to appreciate the beautiful and technical side of the game. What Barca did vs. a highly trained Chelsea was enjoyable and not something that comes along that often.