Quote:

Is there really a need to have one big club in the low country? If this is the case then why don't we take it another step further and just have one big club for SC (isn't that ODP). Maybe one big club for the the whole south east (Regional team)or for the whole of the US (national team.)

Why don't these individuals spend more energy and time working together with the other clubs in the State in improving ODP and on focusing on development more players at the younger ages in their areas? Maybe they are but history to date has not proved that.

Seems to me that if we focused on developing more clubs and more players, in our areas, the top areas should/would take care of themselves. More kids playing the sport the better local competition would become. Then you would need to spend less time on traveling, saving money and the more accessible it would become to more athletes and that in it self would then promote the game. Again making more people want to play the sport and then making local teams and competition stronger promoting it even more....I am pretty sure that is what happens around the rest of the world, maybe they are and I am wrong.

It seems fairly easy to me so please excuse my ignorance if I have something wrong....I am sure someone will enlighten me.

First of all ODP is not a club.There is a regional Team and a National team in place. You probably need to do some research on the other parts of the world,but i do believe that in most states there are only several large clubs per state vs 6 or more in one city(that would be Charleston).