unlike a lo of people on this board i will not hide behind a fictional name-- i did not even know about this board until a little while ago.
All the derogatory comments tossed around here while hiding is total BS coach howie and everyone else at coastal united good luck just cut the bull and recruiting --my other comment i guess people did consider the source. beachman is correct a bitter comment by bitter man --maybe if you actually coached you would not be a 3 clubs in 3 years good luck!
i least i do not need to make up my own bio:

Home Page
Bio
Coach's Clipboard
Links
Book Review&Contact Info

Howard 'Howie' Thompson was born and raised in Darien, CT. Always a sports fanatic, he played football and baseball in high school and college. As a kicker on the football team at Darien High School, he set the first kicking record and became known as 'Howie, The Toe'.

In college at The University of Tampa, Howie's place-kicking career was cut short by a knee injury. He also was a walk-on pitcher for the varsity baseball team at Tampa.

During the summer between Howie's junior and senior years of college, he was invited to try out for the Dallas Cowboy professional football team. He placed fourth out of sixty kickers that attended the tryout.

Howie obtained his BS in Physical Education from The University of Tampa and a MS in Recreation and Leisure Education from Southern Connecticut State University.

Throughout his years of work in education, recreation and insurance, Howie has coached youth sports including: football, baseball, softball, basketball, lacrosse, and soccer. Howie has established distinction as a soccer coach with the following awards:

3 State Sportsmanship awards (CT, NY, & NC)
3 HS League Coach of the Year awards (NC)
4 NSCAA Adidas Regional Coach of the Year awards
1 NSCAA Adidas National Coach of the Year award

He also obtained a NSCAA National Diploma in Youth Soccer Coaching during the summer, 2006.

Howie is a soccer referee with a NCHSAA Soccer Official certification.

He is an athletic trainer certified by NATA.

In his profession(s), Howie has also been chosen for Who's Who in Executives and Professionals and Who's Who Among American Teachers.

Howie is currently teaching, coaching and writing in North and South Carolina.