Wando Lexington Observations:

Wando opened the game with confidence and a controlled passing game. Wando had the game well in hand for much of the first half and had it not been for some less than clinical finishing could have very well been up 3 nil by halftime. Wando scored on a nice cross and finish around the 12 minute mark if I can remember correctly. With about 15 minutes to play in the first Coach Champ elected to make wholesale changes and the Lady Warriors seemed to lose the ability to hold on to the ball.

The second half belonged to Lexington for the most part. The Wando girls looked flat and at times just tired. The Lexington girls created several chances in the second half, if not for some fearless saves from the Wando keeper(Amelia) this game could have gone the other way.

This was a hard fought game and an inspired second half effort by the Lexington girls. The fans and players and coaches kept things sportsmanlike throughout. I don't know if the center referee was informed to expect something else but, I have never seen such a card happy ref in my life. I lost track but I think he issued 5 or 6 yellows the majority to the Wando team and all in the second half. The first two were understandable as a Wando forward went in out of countrol on the Lexington keeper and knocked her down and the Lexington left back made a nasty and dangerous tackle from behind a bit later. Other than that the center ref would have done well to let the girls play.

Good luck to Wando at the Lower State Finals on Monday and congratulations to Lexington on a great run in the playoffs.

ROSS!!! For no reason!