"Let me state that I have seen Lex many times over the last few year. They have shown during this time to have a real lack of sportsmanship as a whole. From fouls behind the play to the coaches crying to the newspapers after the loss for the state championship a few years back (he stated that the other team had played with 12 for the second half video proved otherwise, I also saw the event first hand). The coach can show/control/encourage what we hope all our kids will have as they grow up. This also goes for the parents/fans, the players will follow the lead given them. It is a shame that some fine young players/adults have this a roll model, hopefully the people that need to look in the mirror will not like what the see and try to do what is right."

Did anyone watch the soccer game? This is old news rehashed over and over and over. I saw one really bad tackle last night and one poor challenge one by each team. This does not constitute poor sportmanship just poor decision making. I thought Coach Fryland was well reserved last night and I did not once see him or Coach Champ make a show with the refs but I was watching the games not the coaches. For you parents that continually attack Coach Fryland for his antics 2 years ago following a heart breaking loss what are you teaching your kids(young adults).

By the way my daughter was the 12th player on the field during the substitution mix up. The fourth official made a terrible mistake in sending her on!!! The whole incident and the parents and coaches reaction took a bit away from her shining moment as one of the team Captains for Wando.

She got over it and does not hold any ill will to Coach Fryland or any of the players on that team. If the Parents on both sides would try to live in the present and not the past maybe we could TALK ABOUT SOCCER!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRoss; 05/16/09 04:53 PM.

ROSS!!! For no reason!