Sounds like both Mauldin and Wando are healthy, so this time tomorrow night we shouldn't be reading "well, we could've won... if". And, it should be a great game, close, between two powerhouse teams with plenty of player credentials on both sides.

That said, I think Mauldin has the edge going into the game. One of the players listed by mavsupporter absent from last year's final that can have a big impact in a championship game is Nemecek. If she shows up with her defensive game face on she can change the game. And, given her attacking skills, out of the back or at midfield, she is probably one of the most underrated players in the state.

However, the reason I believe Mauldin has the edge going in has to do with the midfield. The Lisson sisters in the midfield for Wando are a formidable duo, but I believe next year will be their year of dominance in a game of this caliber. Schaidle for Mauldin has been playing incredibly well for the last 9 months, and I believe she and her teammates at center mid will win the heated battle for control of the middle... what I think will be the difference in the game.

Moquin's direction of the defense for Wando should stifle most of the attacking efforts of the younger Mauldin forwards, but perhaps not all. The absence of Jade Davis from last year's Wando team may play a role. Not taking anything away from Amelia, but there are some younger Mauldin forwards and midfielders that will be looking for some redemption after last Fall's State Cup finals. For Mauldin, just don't go to penalty kicks... Amelia's bread-and-butter since U-11 with MPSC.

Winning goal... Schaidle from outside the 18.

Of course, what do I know... my daughter's team will be sitting at home tomorrow night. Congratulations and good luck to all those who made it to the finals.