Quote:

This year Mauldin Girls have shown great determination and confidence in all their Upper State games. They have played all but one game at home and although last Mondays game against Fort Mill went into overtime, it was territorially one sided and the bombardment of the Fort Mill goal continued unabated for a large portion of the game. The Fort Mill girls looked exhausted before the overtime period commenced and did not get a shot on goal after the first half time. Mauldin’s passing game penetrated their defense with relative ease as far as the packed penalty area.

Can I remind you that you were 15 minutes away from staying home tonight? The "bombardment" of the Fort Mill goal in the second half of Monday's match resulted in only one goal. There were no great chances whistling just wide, nothing hit the woodwork and the Fort Mill keeper was not forced to make any great saves. After you got the goal, you still had another 15 minutes to put the game away but despite the "relentless attack", you never mustered anything against an "exhausted" (and under-sized) Fort Mill squad.

Also, neither of your OT goals came from the run of play despite the fact that you say Mauldin's passing game penetrated the Lady Jacket defense with "relative ease".

I'm concerned about tonight?

Either you are not giving FM the credit deserved, or, you may not be quite the juggernaut you think you are? Too much Orange Koolaid?

I wish you luck......and don't underestimate Wando. Should be a great match between the two best teams in the state. Both sides earned the trip and certainly deserve to be in Columbia.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.