Quote:

Quote:

Club Soccer is a luxury, not a necessity. I think the real question that's being asked is "if we put on classic here, but you make Challenge elsewhere, will we loose your money"?

$ound$ about right to me! Making the upper level team ($ometine$ reguardle$$ of the ability of the player) is the drawing factor for far to many of the parents. Yes I would rather have my child play on the best team he/she can and win the best awards ect..., but I want them to play and develop (have fun fits in there too).

Some clubs will allow players who are of rec level on a upper level team (say challenge n SC) because they need that 13/14th player to fill out roster. I have seen teams with 6 challenge level players and 6 ot 7 rec level players rostered as a challenge level team because club/parents want "highest level" of play but is this really in the best intrest of the players?

Not to mention that this system is completely unfair to the rec level players. They are often resented by the challenge level players for not being up to their level and bringing the team down, and instead of getting development and training so they could one day make the upper team on their own talent, they are severely outclassed in games & practices. It's terrible on self-esteem and moral.