Quote:

Jb,

Are you still in the same uniforms that you got five years ago? Who pays for uniforms, equipment, referees and coach's salary at your school?

The supplement I did not think of. Good point. We have 2 paid positions and it is just below the JV head coach in the district. The boys and girls each get 1 paid position. Now I can defer some of my money to an assistant, which I will do this year.

As for everything else, we have to pay for it. It is difficult to cover the officials with small crowds due to district home games starting at 3 and tickets at $3. The cost of officials is over $160 plus SRO is $105. I have bought my 3rd set of uniforms. This set was over $3600 which I raised plus transportation to Irmo twice, BC, and three entry fees to Irmo tournaments. There are schools in the district that have the same 1 uniform that they started with. 2 other schools have only added a white uniform.

My fundraisers are hosting a soccer camp, car wash, selling candy, and hosting a tournament (which I do give T's away for the teams that participate). The only cost to my players are 3 practice t-shirts which I try to help cover some of the cost on.