And to those who say Spain dominated...go back and watch the first half again. There are LONG stretches where we have the majority of possession and Spain is on their back foot. I'd say the half ended pretty even possession-wise. Of course, with a lead, we're going to sit back a little in the 2nd half and of course, Spain put it into another gear...that's what top teams can do. So yes, we were under tremendous pressure the final 20 minutes but let's no lose sight of the first 45'.

My only complaint (like we have a right to have one after beating Spain!) is I wish in the 2nd half, when we did have the ball, we had taken better care of it. We gave it away far too easily and made it much more difficult on ourselves. And we took our throw-ins and goal kicks much too quickly...we could have taken a lot of time off the clock not to mention given the players a chance to catch their breath.

But those are small things and frankly, how many times in the past have we had the chance to close down a game against a superior opponent when we had the lead? Not many....

Last edited by Soccer Watcher; 06/25/09 02:54 PM.