You know, I hear from Winthrop people over and over on both the boys side and the girls side that in state kids don't want to play at Winthrop.

I don't agreee with that at all. I think kids want to be wanted. Winthrop is a good school, with very good facilities and its D1. Is it ACC or SEC? No. But its a D1 school.....and the vast majority of kids aren't going to go to an SEC/ACC school, at least as soccer players.

Some very, very good players went to C of C this year as freshman.....not exactly USC or Clemson or Wake.

If WInthrop wants these kids they need to identify them and go after them. Make sure that the kids know......that they're wanted. There are some pretty good York county girls who are juniors this year whose parents have flatout told me their kids want to go to Winthrop and they want to play. And they aren't totally sure that the Winthrop coaches know who they are or who their kids are. These are ODP, R3PL level players.....and their parents don't think the coaches know their kids.