Hurst I don't see the facts or logic with which you're arguing. Its like this twisted self fulfilling prophecy...don't recruit kids from SC because they won't come here. Please.....

firsttouch laid it out perfectly. If you want the kids....go after them. When some of the better players in the state haven't even been talked to by the school.....ya think there's an issue?

And quite frankly I'm not sure what advantages the other schools have over Winthrop. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I'd guess.

Charleston Southern is a hideous campus thats not really in Charleston. Presbyterian is a good school and a beautiful campus but Clinton is a dying town in the middle of nowhere. Same with Wofford....except while the surrounding area of Sparkle City ain't a lot to brag about, it is better than Clinton. None of them...have been in Winthrop's league soccer wise over the last couple of years.

So academics, facilities, campus, community, soccer reputation......Winthrop shouldn't slide too far down the pecking order.

But the numbers speak and they don't lie. Winthrop has by far fewer instate players.....and its not really close.