This is an interesting discussion. I helped with the recruiting for our Augusta Arsenal and South Aiken girls. Several were interested in South Carolina schools including Winthrop. We had inquiries from many schools and contacted many others including Winthrop. We could not get a reply from Winthrop and a couple of girls could not get the time of day. I tried contacting them with no reply. As far as we could tell Winthrop did not ping the SoccerinCollege, Arsenal, or gotsoccer sites to look at the online info. I emailed player recruiting sheets with no reply and no notice that they were even read. Eventually we were told by other experienced coaches that Winthrop did not recruit from South Carolina. Four of the girls interested are now playing for Coastal Carolina, UNC-Ashville, PC, and Tennessee. All would like to have at least talked with Winthrop. They have one girl there now that wanted to go to school at Winthrop and who was fully capable of playing at that level but would not look at her. Too bad.