Why can't you leave this issue alone. Winthrop women are one of the lowest programs in the state and I do not think girls from SC will improve their standings. I did look at rosters and I saw the women have 2 from SC and the men have 2 as well. I also noticed Clemson has 3 boys from SC on the roster and 4 girls on the women's roster. Perhaps you should be jumping on Clemson as well. As for the Winthrop men's team they have arguably been one of the top team in the state over the past 5 years or so. I know that coach Wren of Northwestern played for the coach at Winthrop, so don't you think some of those local players were recruited. I do know they talked with three players off Northwestern's team and they also recruited Ralph Lundy who decided to play for his father. Winthrop men did get burned a few years ago with two local players, that got in trouble and were suspended. I think every coach would like to have as many in-state players as possible on their roster, but in SC there is just not a large pool. It is getting better each year.

Also for crap and giggles I looked at Coastal's roster and they have 1 girl also USC only have a hand full on their roster from SC. You must have something against the Winthrop women's program.

Last edited by scsoccermann; 08/27/09 01:16 AM.