I hope he enjoys that "absolute correct decision"!!! Yes, he left at a young age, but if you read an interview with him, he is nothing more than an American kid playing ball in Italy. yes, it is his "dream", but I have to think playing in the World Cup is a bigger dream. He would be a part of the US future NOW and for the next 3 world cups. Hate to think about it (because he is incredibly talented) but what if he get seriously injured and can't play in four years??? He may have missed his only chance. God forbid, I don't like him, but I don't wish harm on him (much like C. Ronaldo). U20s don't commit you to a country, has to be full national team (remember US begging F. Adu to not leave for Ghana). This is 2 tournaments in a row. yes Italy beat the US in Confed, but the US made the final. Now, no world cup. he would be a starter. He really needs to move to a Serie A team. yes, not eery player is a Serie a, but 90% are.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003