Quote:

I hope he enjoys that "absolute correct decision"!!! Yes, he left at a young age, but if you read an interview with him, he is nothing more than an American kid playing ball in Italy. yes, it is his "dream", but I have to think playing in the World Cup is a bigger dream. He would be a part of the US future NOW and for the next 3 world cups. Hate to think about it (because he is incredibly talented) but what if he get seriously injured and can't play in four years??? He may have missed his only chance. God forbid, I don't like him, but I don't wish harm on him (much like C. Ronaldo). U20s don't commit you to a country, has to be full national team (remember US begging F. Adu to not leave for Ghana). This is 2 tournaments in a row. yes Italy beat the US in Confed, but the US made the final. Now, no world cup. he would be a starter. He really needs to move to a Serie A team. yes, not eery player is a Serie a, but 90% are.

I know U20s doesn't commit you to a country but ignorance from an underachieving coach and country will turn your decision. Subotic would be very valuable right now!

Your views on Rossi are too pro-American to take serious. The guy plays in La Liga, now a transfer to Serie A and is in the top 28 of Italy while being capped by them. World Cup in 2010 or not, you're mad if you think playing for the US is a better choice and what the heck makes you think Bradley would start Rossi? Since when have smaller, technical players been a priority for the US?

Rossi is 23 and, with Prandelli about to start after WC with a new, young cycle of Italians, has more high level matches in his future then the entire US Full, U23 and U20 National Team players combined. If he declared as an American player, he wouldn't have the opportunities ahead of him that he has; Americans are just viewed differently. Again, great CAREER choice.