Quote:

Bradley won't be here in 1 month, so... The Italians have been ready for a "youth" movement since the '94 world cup in the US. It still hasn't happened. Since when have smaller technical players been a priority for Italy??? Granted they have more technicallly sound players, but they certainly don't look like Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, etc.
The US is starting to move to tehnically better players. Donavan, Torres, Bedoya are good examples.

And you are right, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley Jr., Edu, all of the goalies, etc. don't get a look oversees. I agree US players are viewed differently, but that is beginning to change. Do you really think that if he declared US, let's say last year before capping for qualifiers or Confed cup, that he would have been cut or not played by his La Liga club??? Come on, you're anti-American views show. Must be why Bedoya, Torres, J. Jones (man I wish he was healthy), etc are coming to US.

1) You were talking about his decision up to 2010 WC and Bradley is here.
2) The '94 comment doesn't make sense. The team, of course, has gone through two cycles and did OK in 2006.
3) Injuries aside, Marchisio, DiNatale and Camoranesi are all in line to play for Italy. Potentially, 3 or the 11 just in this Cup. A fourth starter (5'9" Pirlo) isn't bad either. If Feilhaber and Torres both start, then I stand corrected.
4) Donovan is known for athleticism, not technical ability. Torres? let's see how much he plays....should but won't over Bradley, Clark and Edu. Look where Bedoya is.
5) I didn't say Americans don't get looks....just looked at differently. And, look closer at that group. Dempsey and Howard are the only legit arguments and one's a GK.
6) Changing? Total field players PLAYING on top teams in La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, EPL, etc, etc.
7) No, if when he declared it was for US, Villareal would've looked differently due to EU work issues let alone the soccer side. There was old article in Football Italia on Villareal/Rossi that discussed it.
8) They're coming to US because they're not good enough for their countries. Jones was on outside looking in for Germany.

I'm cheering for the United States as much as anybody but you have to be realistic about things.