Quote:

Bradley won't be here in 1 month, so... The Italians have been ready for a "youth" movement since the '94 world cup in the US. It still hasn't happened. Since when have smaller technical players been a priority for Italy??? Granted they have more technicallly sound players, but they certainly don't look like Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, etc.
The US is starting to move to tehnically better players. Donavan, Torres, Bedoya are good examples.

And you are right, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley Jr., Edu, all of the goalies, etc. don't get a look oversees. I agree US players are viewed differently, but that is beginning to change. Do you really think that if he declared US, let's say last year before capping for qualifiers or Confed cup, that he would have been cut or not played by his La Liga club??? Come on. Must be why Bedoya, Torres, J. Jones (man I wish he was healthy), etc are coming to US.

is about time for the US to learn from the Perez experience and stop thinking "big and fast" would make you a world champion.

I can come up with a lot of good skilled short player from italy and I can start with Del Piero or Donadoni.

Big and Fast work for brazil but that is because their skill and creativity with the ball is 100xs better.

In fact I was talking to Dustyn Corea last night, a Salvadoran american kid who has been left out 2 times off the youth national team because he doesnt "fit" into the coach strategy.

Corea just graduated from high school, he is been to italy trying out with juventus and fiorentina already. He is getting ready to sign with a european team but he didnt want to say for what team.

Not only that, but El Salvador is going after Corea as well who is mad because he is been left out of the US again.

Times are changing and hopelly with the years most americans would learn that in soccer skill is very important too and they go along with size and speed as well.

Messi, Romario and Maradona were all about 5 6" or 5 7" but great players.

Big and fast helps but at the end, skill is the most important (brazil).

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 06/07/10 03:26 AM.

Club of the century.