Went back and read Kevin's comments and I couldn't agree more with both of you...I think we lose a lot of potential talent in kids (and parents) who have been sold on the idea that if you can't afford to take the "right avenues" in soccer it's pointless to even get started and think you'll ever go anywhere. School teams are a fairly cost-free place to get young people involved in soccer for little investment, but without restarting the ad nauseum "high school vs. club" debate (PLEASE), I think it's reasonable to state that it's hard for players developmentally to compete with school PLUS club players using school training and experience alone.

A comment on Kevin's "pay to play" comment and explanation: Having competed in the same venue and directly against CRSA teams over the last four years, my observation is that CRSA and other clubs with similar philosophy are doing a lot to bring quality soccer development to young people who might not have the opportunity to go to the higher-profile, higher-cost clubs. I've been impressed with both the attitudes and levels of play of the CRSA teams we've come up against, and until some structure of sponsorship comes along to eliminate the need for funds coming from players, the low-cost, good-bang-for-your-buck clubs might not be the perfect answer, but they do a lot for a segment of players who might otherwise not get reached.

I've got good news and bad news...