At least one practice would be a good start:)

The impact of the missing players certainly depends on which players were missing, but one or two key players can make a big difference. I have to agree with you that, regardless, it should not have that kind of goal differential impact.

Didn't someone post that the score with NC was 1-1 at halftime? If so, during the first three halves they were outscored 4-1, including a game against NTX. Then, during the next three halves, it was 10-1.

Sounds like it may have snowballed on them. Some of that could have been lack of fitness after the break and they just weren't physically up to three straight, tough games. If that was the case, that's a combination of their own fault as high level players and a lack of preparation by SC ODP.

Also, from my experiences playing sports, when things reach that snowballing point, it will go in one of two directions fast. One of the best ways to ensure it is in the more positive direction is team chemistry, which requires at least a little practice together if not playing a few games.

But regardless, I think events like this should be taken much more seriously than expecting to be able to just show up and compete.