Let me start by saying I believe the top of the SoCon is year in and year out stronger than the Big South. IMO, after that it is the old "on any given Sunday."

Yes Tammy has led WCU to 2 NCAA appearances. I believe the 1st was in her 1st year after the team had a bad season. Her 2nd was by winning a couple of games in the tournament on PK's after not having a great regular season. The difference in womens soccer at this level is one year a game you win 1-0 turns to a 0-1 loss the next. Still getting to the tournament is the goal. IMO, The SoCon has the ability to get more than one team in the NCAA's. The Big South will not.

As for Tammy being a better coach than Rohan...maybe. In his 4 years he won the reg season twice and lost in the tournament finals on PK's once and lost 2-1 with a handball in the box giving Radford a PK. It happens at this level. I think last year the 7/8 seeds played in the BS finals and most of the games were OT and PK's.

Last season WCU had 9 Srs on the roster who played significant minutes. CCU had lost their 2 all-time leading scorers and key subs. Tough to compare records and scores in soccer but looking at common opponents last year here is the break down:
Western: Coastal:
Gard Webb-Home 1-0 Home 2-0
UNC-A-Home 0-0 Away 2-0
Elon-Away 0-1 Away 0-1
App State-Home 1-0 Away 0-1

Point is just because you act as a "hard ass," or coach by intimidation, does not make you a better coach.