The goalkeeper coach at Columbia United is also the South Carolina State University women's soccer coach and I had the opportunity to speak to him the other day. Seems like he is very happy with his recruiting class, which includes the 2008 Big South Freshman of the year, a transfer.

I looked it up:
http://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2010/2/3/WSOC_0203104333.aspx

I am amazed how they became competitive with only one recruiting class. I mean SCSU was a laughing stock, showing up with 9-10 players and taking multiple goals, I mean it was by far the worst team in the state and one of the poorest in country.

I was so suprised someone qualified actually agreed to coach them and put their reputation on the line.

People always say that building programs takes a number of years, but the SCSU coaching staff has made it happen. That should be something Winthorp, USC Upstate, Wofford and other traditional strugglers take note of!!

I am sure it must be so embarrasing for some of the other South Carolina teams to lose to SCSU, especially when they were beating them 6-0 or 7-0 for years before.

Seems like they are continuing to go forward with this class as well.
Anyway, just wanted to point that out, as I have been thinking about it after chatting with GB the other day.