Quote:

why is all of Pinewood's matches a forfeit?!!!!

RECEIVED AT 2:11 P.M., ON SATURDAY, APRIL 16:

Coach-

I wanted to inform you that we will not be attending the Palmetto Cup next week. Our varsity squad has been hit with several injuries this past week and has also encountered a few students with low grades. We are not on spring break next week. As you can imagine, the traveling back and forth is not only costly in terms of gasoline, but also it will create academic challenges for our students with below average grades-if they were to travel at all.

We are not a big squad to begin with and the injuries that we have encountered will only get worse with the 4-5 games that we would be playing. We respect the privilege to play in the Palmetto Cup and we have battled with how this would impact our reputation. Unfortunately, we are not in control of the injuries and I do hope you and your administration understand our decision.

I do hope that we will be invited back to the Palmetto Cup, but I do know that we will be unable to participate in the future unless it correlates with our spring break.

Coach Suarez will be trying to contact you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Nancy L. Beatty
Athletic Director
Girl's Basketball Coach
Pinewood Preparatory School
843-873-1643