From CollegeSoccerNews

March 28, 2010 - Rock Hill, South Carolina - CSN Talent Scout Joe Mauceri traveled to Rock Hill to witness the ten team Manchester Cup Spring Tournament. The Tourney was hosted by Winthrop with an impressive ten team field that included the College of Charleston, Charlotte, South Carolina, Clemson, Davidson, UNC Wilmington, Furman, Kentucky, and Old Dominion.

Mauceri once again pulls no punches as he provides his take on the games and the participants.

My favorite spring tournament is the Manchester Cup in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I’ve attended this tournament the past 3 years. This year the weather was better than last year with a sunny windy day.

The set-up for the tournament is 35 minutes halves with unlimited substitutions. The games are played on two adjoining fields with bleachers between the fields. The bleachers are configured enabling fans to sit at the top and watch either game by a simple head turn. Brilliantly, the games are staggered approximately 30 minutes apart. During half time and warm-ups, I could watch the other game. The only downtime is a 90 minute break between the two sessions while there are two high school games.

No official roster is provided. I use the 2009 fall rosters to identify players. Players switch numbers; New players are added. I expect that I’m mistaking some players because of this number issue. Let me apologize for this now, but please leave corrections in the comments on my blog, so I can fix (or acknowledge the player) on my blog.

http://collegesoccernews.com/index_files/Page12123.htm