The common denominator why there are so many lopsided scores in high school soccer is $$$$. The middle to wealthy hs are blowing the less financial fortunate hs out. The reason is simple. The less fortunate inter city or low income hs school kid might play ymca soccer or rec soccer, but when their old enough to play club they can't afford it. Clubs are only interested in families that can afford the annual fees. When was the last time you saw an inter city kid on a Club team.(Never) This is one reason soccer will never overtake the 3 major sports in the US. The 3 major sports let everyone participate regardless of income. Many of us including myself might not be watching my daughter play premier soccer if the less fortunate were able to participate. Example: There more paying fans watching Dorman play Byrnes in a HS football game than watching the Womens D1 Soccer National Championship game. When i see 80,000 fans watching Alabama playing Auburn in soccer on a Saturday afternoon maybe you can change my mind.