I've been out of pocket for a while, but I picked up a Columbia Star newspaper this morning and read this regarding the Spring Valley at Dreher match with the score tied 1-1:

"The score remained that way through regulation, despite the fact the Blue Devils dominated play in the second half. They outshot Spring Valley 13-6, and if not for nine saves by (Ben) Limbaugh, at least two of which were miraculous diving one-handed stabs, the contest would have been a blowout, but due to Limbaugh's efforts the contest went to overtime.

The Vikings regained a little control outshooting the Blue Devils 4-2 in both overtimes, but no one was able to score forcing the match into penalty kicks.

Limbaugh helped his own effort by scoring on the first PK for Spring Valley. Six shots later, the Vikings held a 4-3 edge with Daniel Thunell to shoot for Dreher. Limbaugh guessed right and blocked the shot.

With Spring Valley superstar (Antoine) Parris up next in the rotation, things appeared well in hand for the Vikings, but Parris' shot sailed left opening the door for the Blue Devils. Connor Sprinkle then drilled a shot to tie the PK count at 4-4.

Spring Valley's David Cooke then put a shot in the left corner, and Limbaugh came up big once more guessing right to deny Leif Kayes and end the game.

Anyway, I thought it was very telling that Dreher has made significant improvement this year with a relatively inexperienced varsity squad. Good luck Blue Devils!

50th for a reason!