Well to be fair I have been negitive in the past about them playing "down" but I have never attacked the players (or parents, although one did call me names in a post). I think you have to seperate the situation as is from the situation as it should be. Of course the "should be" is up for debate in everyones eyes. However the as is, is not the players fault and so they deserve what they win and I have not tried to say they did not earn it.

It is totally understandable for people who "see" teams winning at a level below what they percieve as approprite for that team and to feel like they are winning what they do not deserve. Note I said percvieve and perceptions are the "reality" of the perciever.
Put youself in the shoes of those who have been "denied" a chance at a championship becasue a school with an "unfiar" advantage keeps winning them, and then people from that school tout their successful program. Do you not think some would feel slighted or not want to hear the bragging from someone with that same "unfiar advantage"? I ask this question not to justify the behavior but rather to explain it.

As with all things there are cause and effect, understand one you can often explain the other. In any case attacking the players because of the situation is wrong and to taint a whole program becasue of the action of one player in the heat of a game is just as wrong. I would guess that most programs have low moments that they would rather not have brought up and do not reflect the overall character of the program or its players.

Just as a side note it is interesting how many of the final contenders at the AAA level are actually 4A size schools moving up next year.

Last edited by The Chief; 05/20/10 03:29 AM.