Quote:

Are any of these new high schools going to "pinch" Wando?

Two more Harris Teeters opening this month in Mount Pleasant. The place continues to grow.

Wando is still in MP/Charleston County and so any growth on the other bank of the Wando River (Cainhoy/Berkeley County) will not affect their zone.

The Public Charter school may attract a few but not many and none that are serious about soccer as it is only opening on Aug 18 2010 and have yet to establish a sports program (to my knowledge).

MP isn't growing as rapidly as you would imagine and one of the HT stores you mention sits on upper Highway 41 and is long overdue. There have been plans to build this thing for about 10 years now. It doesn't indicate new growth in that area as it is only a few hundred yards shy of the Berkeley County line and Wando River.

Beyond Dunes West, Rivertown, and Planters Point on 41 there is a lot of wetlands and marsh before the river and can't imagine you could squeeze much more in within MP town limits.

There are (or have been) plans for expansion up 17N but I've heard some of those plans are slowing down or completely stalled this last year or two. Still MP is a fine place to live with great schools and soccer opportunities so as the economy recovers I would expect renewed development and more fine players.

Here is a link to Charleston City (Berkeley County) limits that prevents town of MP growth up 41, and even beyond.

City of Charleston - Berkeley County limits

City limits extends even up Cainhoy Road as far as BP Chemical plant. We are about 4 miles outside City limits (for now).

Last edited by Cainhoy Athletic; 05/20/10 03:38 AM.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong