Things have changed..magnet schools..I don't think that No Child Left Behind is bringing in the soccer players..With any electric bill a child can go to most any school and we all know this is happening..We just choose to look the other way..
For me..It was never about it's unfair because B.E. has no lines but this is a reality and we can twist it anyway you want..It's still an advantage over everyone else but AM..And I guess it's unfair to Barnwell because B.E. will always be in their way..Never looked at it that way..
It's competition for me and as I posted before the girls scored 130 goals and gave up 16..In the 09 season they scored 127 goals and gave up 10..Folks, this is not competition..I have to believe that the parents and coaches would rather play somewhere else..SCISA has just as many strong teams or competitive teams as 2A..With no attendence lines..In fairness to others this is where they should be..
Wando does not get alot of competition in their region but they are on the same playing field when it comes to the rules..
This team is 4A material and should play against that type of competition every game..This would make them better than they already are..
Why do people hate B.E.? Most that posts on here are not from the lowcountry so I can only guess that it's the private school beating up on the 2A schools thing..
As far as the lowcountry..I don't think most care and our soccer coverage in our papers are nill to none.. Only Wando and B.E. get any love there..We need to classify schools on ability to compete and not school size when it comes to soccer..If this would happen..I think all this talk would go away..