Proximity is not the essence of classification, but the population size from which you draw a team is. Thus, asking for equity related to the nature of classification is DIFFERENT than the issue you raise, Hurst.

I do not mean that you are not raising an valuable question, but I do not see the issue of proximity to club as the same as attendance zone.

Asking for equity as some have here related to private schools is well within the power of the HSL to address as this is commonly addressed in states throughout the country.

Your concern about the aspects of equity, Hurst, I believe is nearly impossible to address unless we go to an entirely different system unlike the current classification system based on school size (thus not one based on potential populations for teams to draw from).

For the record, when I coached at Woodruff I was adamant that a year-long commitment to soccer through club was the way to success for the girls, who routinely lost by double-digit goal totals to CC and Emerald. And there is no question that Coach Gomez has created a top program in part benefiting from club play. This is exactly the same dynamic that you find at other outstanding programs such as Riverside, Dorman, Mauldin. . .

Has Woodruff benefited from club access? Yes. Is that an unfair advantage because of proximity? Maybe. Can the HSL do something about that? Seems impossible. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.