Cat,

You and Gooooaal have done a great job building the program at Woodruff. You had access.....and you used it. You got the girls to play high-level club year 'round and the formula worked. (We embarked on the same philosophy a few years back up here in York County as well.)

BE is using what they have as well.....access to good players and good club structure. Can't hate on them for their success. Why isn't the program at St. James at the same level as BE? Both are Catholic schools? Good soccer in Myrtle Beach and Whack 'Em All.

I had an appointment in uptown Charlotte this past Monday and I told the person I was visiting at 4 PM, "I have to get out of here. I have to beat the traffic".

She told me that traffic was no longer that bad. There are less people on I-77 coming home from work now due to:
1. Lay-offs
2. People now working out of their home office
3. Less people transporting their kids to/from private schools

Wow. I thought about #3. Is this why BE didn't win 2A this year? Is enrollment down? Did they lose potential players from the girls soccer pool because parents couldn't afford tuition?

Seems like schools where the tax payer picks up the total tab would have an advantage over schools where mom & dad have to fork it over in these tough times.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.