Quote:

manchester, thank you for an insightful post about the game. to listen to those concerned about flags, i would think a game was not played. if all you can say about the 3 time defending champion TROJANS is you dont like their flags just shows how small minded and ignorant u are. none of those boys can help where their parents dedided to give birth to them. none of those boys had a choice when their parents decided to come to the land of the free and home of the brave. by the grace of the king of the universe, we happened to be born here and did nothing to deserve being born here. get over it and move on. where would u rather live, mexico, honduras, or...in abject poverty or in this great land of opportunity? the flags did not get called for a foul, did not score a goal, or defend anything. What will the gripe be next year? what will the excuse be next year? irmo showed class and great will in mounting a seemingly insurmountable 3-0 deficit. great game by two great teams who deserved to be there, and the game lived up to its advance billing.

Wolfgang, I respect NW's right to display their flags and respect the rights of those to disagree with their right to do so. Personally, it's not an issue for me as I see the displaying of the flags as a cultural statement embracing the US and the countries of origin of some of their players and not a display of political sentiment. It's just a celebratory affair in my opinion.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.