"Don't make the selection of the "traveling" team purely on soccer talent. Talent doesn't always equate to commitment, passion or desire."

scwame, while I totally agree with this statement, it does make me chuckle. In my sons age group, the CESA coaches definitely don't practice this. I was told by the challenge coach that my son was dropped down because of his size. He said he had better skill and better attitude and works harder than almost everyone that was kept on the challenge team. I believe this coach thinks he can make the bigger players better. I tend to disagree. My son will grow but at u15 these kids with little skill who have been involved since u10 won't just develop those skills. He also kept a few players that over the past few years have been less than dedicated and it showed this week at team camp. Between the 1 challenge and 2 classic teams at u15, they had 11 players!!! Best part? They tied the full premier team. Somethings wrong with the selection process but what are you going to do. The coaches are so much more knowledgable than everyone else (haha).

So scwame, please pass along those words of wisdom I quoted of yours to everyone you can.