Quote:

delta dog,its great that you are happy with the costs,training,travel,etc that cesa provides for your daughters.

Transplant, I never said I was "happy" with the costs, training (or lack of), travel, etc., far from it. However, if we're going to attack costs let's be accurate in what those costs covered. Do I think a SC R3PLE team needs to fly half way across the country to find worthy competition? No way. Would I care so much about making those trips if the costs were being covered by corporate sponsors... probably not. (Although I can't say I'll welcome having a sponsor's phone number plastered on the front of the jersey. )

Am I tired of shagging balls in parking lots during warmups, because our kids don't get the technical training that allows them to put more than 2 out of 10 shots on frame from 18 yards? Absolutely. Do I lose tooth enamel, when after a season of training the club decides to offer a striker camp to fix the problem... at another $125 per player? Now THAT'S a no-brainer.

Do I think coaching conflicts are created by assigning more than one Premier team to a coach? Depends on how the teams are assigned, but generally yes. Should U-17 and U-18 players be able to handle the responsibility of preparing themselves for a game without a coach holding their hands 24 hours a day? Of course. If not by that age, then when?

As you said, gameplans are going to be what they are, and if you asked parents of 15 players for a gameplan prior to each game you'll end up with at least 16 including the one that's going to be used... the coach's. Did my older daughter have a problem with Pearse's evaluation of the prospects for a team carrying 12 players to regionals... no. She's 18 and didn't need a "rose tinted" view from her coach for motivation. Did Pearse "throw in the towel" as a coach, or did the team let an honest assessment of propects for advancement stop them from leaving everything on the field trying to win? Not hardly. Would I be happy for either of my daughters to play on another team coached by Pearse Tormey? In a heart beat. BTW, I stopped drinking Kool-Aid over 40 years ago, so let's not go there. (Well, except for some concoctions in college, so let's say 35 years ago.)

Do I think my daughters love having the opportunity to play with your daughter and others on their teams even in the face of club "imperfections" and MY frustrations? There I have no doubts. That's why the younger is planning on playing with the '92 team again. Will she have a problem with that committment given the pending schedules? In other words, do I think the 92's are over-committed this Fall? No. Will I probably be frustrated during the year by what I think the club should or shouldn't be doing? Of course, I'm a parent. Do I wish the club should be somewhat responsive to parents' input either individually or as a group? Nirvana. But, it's my daughter's game, and if she's good with it all (and I can survive the costs) then count her "in".

Last edited by DeltaDog; 08/10/10 06:50 PM.