Quote:

Hard Headed- do you know why your daughter was "torn" to stay and play for her high school team "which she loves"?

Maybe because it is A TEAM. Club, especially at the highest levels is not about the team, it's about the individual and about the Club.

Even though you pay, all you are to them is a resource. For your money and your talent. In my opinion, when you reach a certain age, and I would guess around the U14, U15 age group, the Club is no longer interested in making a player better. The Club is interested in collecting (in their opinion) the best talent they can get, and get them from wherever they can.

The money factor is what is so bizarre. Parents pay, but have absolutely no say. They should not be running the Club, but should have some input. Parents have totally lost control of Clubs, and most will "jump through hoops" if the Club tells them.

i agree with alot of what you are saying but check your pm.
mine is lucky. since she has a high school coach that is as good or better than most club coaches she will get good training year around.
i have a older one that played so i know how the system works with the clubs.
the difference is high school is a group of girls that are friends, club is a group of girls ( some)that would trip their own teammate just so they didnt look better than the tripper.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 03/07/11 05:39 PM.