Quote:

I see both sides of this. It is hard to commit to 2 teams. Both are important. I would hope that everyone involved would stay focused on what is important for each team and player and handle it in appropriate manner. HH please don't mention names... I am sure neither would want to be named on here like this.

Why would you not want names mentioned? I'm sure if they're steadfast in their conviction that they would welcome their name being associated with sitting out the Viking Cup. They obviously had THEIR best interests at heart and not that of their high school team. If you look at it from a ME standpoint, then the player going to ECNL is correct. IF you look at it from a high school team perspective, then going to the Viking Cup is correct. Either way, I'm sure the player is convinced that what they did was correct and would stand by that decision in public. Can we ask for a CESA list of players that participated in the ECNL event and what schools were directly affected by them not attending the Viking Cup?