I'm pretty sure that the hs in question made the players all sit down and write an essay stating what they were going to do regarding ECNL and Viking Cup back in November. So actually, the coach knew all along what the girls' committments were and then agreed to take them onto the team. So I guess it's not that big of a deal afterall.

Harry,
What school does your daughter attend, obviously not Mauldin. The girls were never asked to write an essay. They were asked which event they were going to attend, at which point, they were given a few days to discuss this with their parents. A few girls said the wanted to play in the VC. Unfortunately several girls quit a club team after the fall season and some Mauldin player's went to ECNL to support a depleted club team. I think that team only traveled to Texas with 13 players. I know another girl was asked by a college coach to attend the ECNL event and one other played in VC. As for fitness punishment, that is standard procedure at Mauldin for missing a practice or game for any reason. There is nothing wrong with a little extra fitness if you want to play soccer. That is pretty much the extent of it. Because the girls were "pre punished" all the ECNL girls started last night and we had a successful start to region play.

Only time will tell