I think you're missing my point. If you take 2 athletes. both are high end athletes D1 recruits. One plays basketball and one plays soccer. Each play for their respective clubs and on their high school team. 100% of the time the club team is going to be much better than the high school team in both sports, that's a given. In Basketball and other youth sports they give the kids a break from the high pressures of club play for a few months, but in soccer they don't now. Are you telling me that a youth soccer player needs 12 months of highly competitive play and basketball only needs 8? That doesn't make sense. Also this past year with the start of the ECNL league is the only time my player had to play year round for the past 3 years in high school my daughter did not have a spring club schedule her freshman and sophmore years. Also as you see in another thread several states forbid playing non interscholastic play during high school season. Bottom line I think these clubs are burning these kids out, probably losing some very good soccer players in the process. I don't think it's just a local soccer club problem, I think it's now nationwide youth soccer problem with the birth of the ECNL.