The reason that I know how much it costs is because I referee at a high level. I chat with the parents and coaches, and it has come up how much it costs to play at a high level. I referee the regional ODP camps, academy games, state cup games, some college games, high school, etc....I talk to a lot of people that have kids playing at these different levels, and it flat out costs a lot of money.

You can get away with $4,000 or less a year playing for a very good team, but not a top tier team. There is no way that I can see that happening. Your cost of living might be cheaper in SC, than where I live too, so that could play into things also.

Chicago Fire Academy is over 6K a year for training and tournaments....not including travel, uniforms, etc...

Chicago Soccers Academy is a little less coming in about 5K not including travel, uniforms etc....

Local clubs here that are ok....they cost about 2K-3K a year not including travel and tournaments...but they are only ok.

It is not like i am pulling these numbers from my backside.....these are real numbers. I just find it amazing that people drop this much money on this. I make plenty of money, but don't wish to spend 3-4% of my income on soccer for one child. If that is what you want to do, feel free to drive the economy.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....