Quote:

So Harry, what you said was if a soccer player wants to be the best soccer player they can be, it may not be playing in 11-0 HS games. But in one of your previous posts you said your daughter plays high school soccer. Do you not want her to be one of the best soccer players she can be? Why is your daughter wasting her time playing in 11-0 HS soccer games?

I think that what a parent wants is secondary to what a player wants when it comes to the child playing a sport. Parents can mandate attitudes towards sportsmanship. They can enforce guidelins regarding behavior and grades etc. If all of those are satisfied, and the kid says 'I want to play club and high school' then the rest of us shouldn't get in the way and should be supportive. I think it's clear what my opinion is as to what a player's best use of time is. But never have I said that I would or should forbid the choice.

So, yes. I would want her to be the best she could be. And, she is wasting her time when she wins a game 11-0 because I won't forbid it. I would hope that she will listen to reason and figure it out, but those things seem to take time.