Quote:

Quote:

The point is harry, she has a better chance of getting a D1 scholarship for running a sub 20 5k, which most top club soccer players can run, than a D1 soccer scholarship, for maybe 2k in costs of good running shoes, rather than 20k over the next 4 years in club soccer fees. Without all the club headaches and drama.

19 and change in the 5K gets you a D1 scholarship? Way too easy. I think we should all "challenge" our daughters to do it the hard way......through soccer!

There is a man who used to be a friend of mine. I don't talk to him much anymore, but he is a great fisherman. What if his daughter went fishing with him and decided she loved it? What if he spent 30k on a bigger better boat? What if every weekend they got up early in the morning to drive a few hours to the best lake? What if they bought bait every weekend and new rods every couple months? What if a few times per year, they went on 3-4 day fishing trips and stayed in hotels because it was just better fishing in Minnesota or somewhere like that?

Would we tell that man that he has wasted his money because she didn't get a fishing scholarship? Would we tell her she should take up rowing because you can get a rowing scholarship much easier? Would we criticize that man for supporting the activity that his daughter loved to the best of his ability? I guess some of us would wouldn't we?