Where at in Colorado are you from if I might ask? I spent 4 years going to school in Colorado Springs. Have tried to get back there to live but work never sent me that way. Now that i am retired, We are counting the days to go back west once my daughter graduates HS.

One important point is that kids need to do what fits in their goals. I have been fortunate enough to have the money to pay for the soccer over the years and to have a daughter that is dedicated and focused. She went the other route this year and continued to play club but said no to HS. This was based on her goals and here academic/classroom work was more important than HS soccer. She wants to go to school where I did, but soccer doesn't have the pull that College football does in helping with admissions, so with only a limited amount of time in the day kids have to make choices.

What smells about this whole argument is that kids with superior talent and abilities are being put down and punished by the very coaches/teams that need their services. These kids don't need to play HS soccer, and if this crap keeps up all of these kids will be gone and then where will the HS teams be. Like I said, ECNL is going to make the decision for their player to not play HS in the next couple of years, either by contract or by schedule.