I wish to defend. Thank you for your permission. I wasn’t sure.

Also, congratulations on your 630th post. Impressive.

Let’s start here. I’m a fan of Wando. You (I’m speculating by your call sign) are a fan of Fort Mill. While I have no formal training in anthropology, psychology nor, if you must know, garden gnomes – I agree with your previous post that “Human nature is a funny thing, many people seem to be stop being objective because they are a fan. When you are a "fan" of the game I think you see the game better than when you are the fan of the team.” So that said, perhaps we can agree that there is bias on both of our parts.

Hmmm….premeditated classlessness…Pret-ty serious allegations. Let me think about…nope…I have a decision. By the powers not vested in me by Wakaflockamyers, Larry’s Liar Hot Dogs, nor the movie Tangled, I find the action not guilty of 1) classlessness, 2) d-baggery, 3) punkish behavior, 4) begging for attention, and the most egregious charge of all found in your baseball analogy comments, which will not be repeated and shall be stricken from the record.

Yes, baseball is a better sport….zzzzzzzzzzzz. Huh? What? Was I sleeping? Did I say that? We elected WHO as Governor? Well, I didn’t mean the baseball thing. On your baseball comment, the baseball community seems to have found a very workable solution to someone walking around the bases after a home run (which I’ll admit, I’ve never even heard of anyone walking around the bases after a home run – but I’m sure you’ve researched this thoroughly). Hurling a baseball at 80 miles an hour at someone’s head certainly sounds like a completely rational response – a real character builder, fan favorite, and a great example of the punishment fitting the crime. Maybe that’s why baseball is just so darned entertaining.

There are all kinds of things these young adults do around the state and country, coloring their hair, shaving their heads, mo-hawks, dreads, goal celebrations (my personal favorite is linked below), circ de soleil style scissor kicks that mostly result in both teams having a good laugh. I don’t see these things as cries for attention; my personal opinion (even for the teams I’m not a fan of) is that these are mostly just a celebration of youth. People are not victimized or hurt by these actions, unless they choose to be. For perspective, contrast this to a pre-mediated dangerous challenge resulting in physical injury, and there you have a victim, injury – but let’s not talk about baseball again.

Also, you sound pretty convinced that our country is in bad shape, and suggest that perhaps it’s because parents like me are willing to defend these types of actions. First, I don’t agree that our country is in bad shape. I mean, baseball is bad, but other than that, we got it pretty good. We’ve got our own unique challenges, but tell that to someone that lived through the great depression, or any of our troops around the world. What? Chick-fil-A is closed on Sunday? Oh the humanity!

Before linking to the goal celebration, I heard a quote recently that at least impacted me. “Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.” This seems to be a common refrain from adults throughout the history. This quote, was from my hommie Socrates back around 400 B.C., which, if my memory serves me correctly (and it usually does 6 days a week), was well before Chick-fil-A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwqGRNtHDQg