Quote:

There are six verbal commitments from CESA for 2011 and 2012 to the Furman women's program. Could it be a larger number than in the past because of ECNL?

Doesn't look like using Furman to support the case was based on good research

Seriously, your comment is a big part of the point I've been trying to make.

First, I haven't seen any good information on how SC stacks up compared to other states. I think it has to be based on percentages because we can't realistically compare raw numbers of recruits to NC, GA, FL, TX or many other states. But even if we had todays information, that doesn't answer the question about whether the things we are doing are helping. Without data now as well as 5 and 10 years ago, it's hard to know what impact you're having.

Second, I don't think we don't know the imapct of ECNL yet. Any information on current college program player mix is using pre-ECNL data. The first group graduating that had any ECNL exposure is 2011. They did not get the full benefit as their first year and first event was after many programs had already been recruiting 2011 players.

2012 graduates had the benefit of some exposure before the real recruiting started, so they had an opportunity to get on some radar screens and the coaches also had opportunities to see them perform against players in other top programs.

2013 graduates will be the first group of players who will have played all of their HS years in ECNL. They will have had exposure through ECNL for two years before the real recruiting begins.

To reiterate, it would be helpful if we had agreement on how to compared ourselves to other states because otherwise, in 4-6 years, we'll just be here having the same discussion with no data to support the comments.