Quote:

Just my 2 cents worth as I try to get a sense of what club and HS school is like in SC.

If you are trying to get a sense of what club and HS is like in SC, you have come to the WRONG place! What you'll get here are the opinions of less than a dozen people who are very happy with what soccer has provided their family and you'll get the opinions of less than a dozen people who have what I would call an unhealthy, obsessive grudge because their child quit or wasn't good enough.

Probably the only sense that comes from the conversations on here is that none of this stuff is for everybody. If you were involved in ECNL last year, you know for yourself what it is and what it isn't. For costs, you can read on here that it costs anywhere from $1k to $20k. I'd call the club if I were you and get facts.

As for HS, I think you're lucky. At least 3 of the biggest whiners in the upstate (you probably don't know who you are, but the rest of us do) will have their kids graduate this May so you won't have to deal with that. Otherwise, most of the schools and programs have at least some positives to offer.