Quote:

you say "get the facts", "call the club", so you must know-

How you can logically say ("get the facts", "call the club") = "you must know" is confusing to me. I'm guessing proofs in geometry gave you fits

The cost of playing answer is going to depend on many factors. The first is which level. In this case, I'm assuming the highest level possible.

So the costs include

* Training - one of the few costs that goes directly to the club

* Uniform - usually every three years and, if like my family, cleats constantly.

* Team costs, which depend on which leagues you play in, which tournament and events you attend, whether you play friendies and have to pay refs etc.

* Travel, whose factors will include can you drive or do you fly, what is the cost of flying, what is the cost of ground transportation if needed, does the entire family attend or just the player, can you share rooms and transportation with other families, how much do you eat or drink when traveling etc.

* Then you have other unknowns like whether you will win state cup or finish high enough in R3PLE to attend regionals. If so, you have another entire set of costs added for going to that event which, again, will be determined by where it is, how long you keep winning, whether the family attends etc.

I'm guessing I've left out one or two, but I think those would be the big considerations.