Quote:

I honesty don't remember how CAP was incorporated.
Anyone else recall?

Did the club fees go up $100 when CAP was added as part of the program?

or

Did we actually write a check for CAP?

or

Was it just included as part of the fees with no increase?

or

Something else?

I don't ever remember paying $100 for CAP. I thought it was free to CESA players and non-CESA players paid a fee of $100. I do know I've never written a seperate check for the CAP program. I'm not sure where the part of it being mandatory for all premier/challenge players came from.

Earlier someone mentioned that they worked in the concession stand during football season to earn money for soccer. So I can imagine a football parent buying a Snickers bar for $1.00. (an outrageous price for a Snickers in my opinion) Then the football parent finds out that their money didn't go to the football team, but to the soccer team. What's the rationale for this? That the school athletic department is one big entity? That someone in charge has the audacity to take revenue and decide where to spend it? I know the comparison is a little out of scale.

In the CAP scenario, if I paid $100 for the CAP program I'd probably just go play in the 6-8 games against college teams and call it a real bargain. If it was part of my club fee (which I think it was) I would be even a little happier playing in those games.