I agree with DeltaDog except on one point. My daughter actually got development out of ODP but she was in a different age group then his and had a consistent coach for several years. It was a great experience until the last year when a lot of girls didn't try out and the skill level dropped off. ODP offered a chance for exposure to another coaching style and by college coaches. Outside of the last year of ODP, the "skill" level of the team was higher than her club team that played in the premier league and ECNL. Also since ODP goes on a calendar year age group, and ECNL teams go on July to June age group, the player gets to play with some different highly skilled players which help develop the player on how to be a more versatile team mate. I hope they can continue to coexist. It seems ECNL will become more in conflict with the premier league. With the regional games ECNL is forming, I'm not clear what the difference will be except it takes out the "state" , and regional recognition that premier league offered - maybe that is reason enough to couple ECNL with ODP. ODP just being a state, regional and national level "all star" events with specialized camps done by college coaches.