Here it is Hurst.

FORT MILL – Greenville's impressive run through the Class AAA girls soccer playoffs came to an end in a downpour Monday night.

Fort Mill's Hali Singleton scored on a free kick from 35 yards out with just over seven minutes remaining to lift the Yellow Jackets to a 2-1 victory in the Upper State final at Bob Jones Stadium.

Fort Mill (17-6-3), seeking its first state title, advances to Friday's final at Memorial Stadium in Columbia against either St . James or Hilton Head Island.

Greenville (12-10-1), which finished second in the Peach Blossom AAA Region, had reached the state semifinals by posting three consecutive shutouts and winning its previous two games on the road.

“I think maybe they overachieved this year,” Greenville coach Raimond Hartmann said. “For a young team like this to go this far, I'm very proud of them.”

After a one-hour, 20-minute delay because of inclement weather, Fort Mill's Jessie Tooley scored the only goal of the first half. The teams played through the rain for the final 25 minutes.

Greenville junior goalkeeper Mallary Taylor made a diving save four minutes into the second half to keep the Raiders within one, and they tied the score eight minutes later on a goal by freshman Megan Copsey.

“The nice thing is we have only 15 players on the roster,” Hartmann said, “but I told the girls they're deeper than in any other year because they can play in so many different positions successfully.”

Copsey did so, moving up to forward from center halfback because of concussion symptoms she'd had for 10 days. Her goal kept the Raiders even until Singleton put the Jackets back on top.

Greenville will lose two starters – Sydney Robinson and Stephany Sanchez – to graduation, but the rest of the team will be back.

“We have big plans for next year,” Hartmann said with a smile.

Only time will tell